I always love the days after camp is over, and apparently that feeling happens whether it's 11 weeks of residential camp in your backyard or three short weeks of day camp at church. During those weeks of camp, you realize the things that don't HAVE to get done, but life feels better when they do get done. And then the "normal" work day of 9-5ish feels like a vacation in itself, and you are motivated to cross all those usually mundane things off your extra long to-do list. So I'm enjoying some days of vacation and getting things crossed off my list.
One of those things is of course Pinterest. You can't possibly keep up with Pinterest and plan a wedding while camp is going on, so now it's time to PLAN. Rach comes today, mom comes on Sunday, and we'll see Megan twice in there too! Let the real planning begin.
I started the morning on Pinterest, after making a 4th of July cake on the 5th of July and going for a short but sweaty run. See what I mean about the motivation? And I stumbled upon this blog that I love love. And here's a piece of it:
But wedding advice all bears one hideous characteristic in common, a characteristic which chafes at love and romance like sandpaper in a diaper: practicality. No, thank you, I don’t want your practical advice. I’m engaged and in love. I have one day in my life during which I have permission to make my dreams come true. No… just thanks anyhow. My wedding laughs confidently at your practical advice, ‘cause we won’t need it. All the inspiration photos pulled from all the blogs and magazines, those luscious centerpieces and layered fabrics and calligraphied cards and those twinkle-light roofs and glowing paper lanterns, we’ll have all that exactly as pictured. That fat-cheeked flower girl with shiny patent leather Mary Janes – yes, that, too. And the wee custom dress she wears so adorably – yes. All this, and it will all come way under budget. Way. The dance floor underneath the stars where the songs you’ve forgotten you loved issue forth from the band and you gasp in delight, and you and your guests dance with limbs loosened, and good-looking shoes inexplicably comfortable. The grievances temporarily forgotten, gaps bridged, secrets spoken aloud and toasted to and laughed off. We’ll have that. And it’ll last all night. In fact, it’s going to last the whole weekend, and possibly for several more weeks. And everyone I love will be there, and they’ll never leave. We will form a new community, a new country with it’s own rules and it will all come way under budget. Way. (http://www.kuperblog.com/index.cfm?postID=261)
Found originally on this blog: http://apracticalwedding.com/
So Rachel, Meg, and Mom, hope you're ready!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment