Friday, October 30, 2009

BIG BEND!

Here are some pictures from our trip to Big Bend National Park, TX. They are backwards, so enjoy our trip in reverse :)
Here we are at the top of Lost Mine trail, which is the top of a mountain!
My feet at the top of the mountain!

A pretty view along the way to the top.

Standing in the Rio Grande! That's pretty much Mexico ;)

You can see Mexico, just on the other side of the river. Exciting, I know!


My favorite plant in the desert...too bad I don't remember the name. Ooops!


I also really enjoyed the signs around the park.


I think there's a storm coming....

Yep, it's coming.....



The storm is here!!!



And the storm is over...about 45 minutes later. No big deal ;)


On the right you will see what Chris brought to sleep on. On the left if what I brought to sleep on. Guess that's the difference between Houston and Monument :)


Here is our very nice campsight. The tent was so tall Chris could stand up in it! He's 6'5".

We saw a few of these lovely creatures - this one we found on the trail, the other one we saw at our campsight...yikes!

This was a hidden lizzard that we spotted on the Lost Mine hike (best hike of the trip!)


And I'll leave you with the standard national park picture :)

2 comments:

Jessie said...

My responses (in no particular order): Whoa! Yeah, no kidding! Ew! HaHa! Aw...! Pretty!

Anonymous said...

Sara, You are amazing with your photography. I love looking at your photos.